We’ve reached the summer which means it’s a time for relaxation from school. A break from school also means a little more time for golf and The First Tee. Though as The First Tee Summer classes begin, there are some things that are important to remember this summer.
Things to remember this summer
- Get out to your golf courses. If you’ve registered for summer classes, make sure to get out and practice your game and stay refreshed on your Nine Core Values.
- Keep applying The First Tee Nine Core Values off of the golf course. Although school is out, we can still show respect, honesty, integrity, confidence, judgment, courtesy, perseverance and sportsmanship at home and wherever you are.
- Stay hydrated. It may be Western New York, but we still get some hot summers. Drink plenty of water whether you’re on the golf course or just in the house avoiding the heat.
- Read, read, read. On of the major problems that children face over the summer is “Summer Learning Loss”. Many children go through the summer and lose a lot of what they learned over the school year. Keep the brain active by reading a book that you like or even a newspaper.
- Stay active. You don’t have to go to a gym. Go for a run or walk. Get out and get moving.